Tuesday, October 04, 2005

This refers to the Essay God and horoscopes Defy logic

Surfer Comments
> It's refreshing to see that someone who likes to party as much
> as you has deeper thoughts, also that the values put forth are not very
> popular in today's culture.

My Reply
thanks!

Surfer Comments
> You said, "When discussing opinions and making arguments, all we have is logic."
> What about faith? The problem with people structuring their lives around
> feeling is that there is no standard - a billion different protocols. But,
> the primary and established pilla
> rs of faith are relatively few - I do not believe there is much harm done
> by following a faith which has proven results over history.

We can not know anything 100% so in a sense all beliefs are based on faith;
faith that our logic and points are correct. Most people however use the
word "faith" as an excuse to believe in something even though there are
virutually no facts to support it. To me that is absurb.

From what I know right now, I have faith that I live in Los Angeles, but I
don't know that 100% . . . if all I relied on was faith without facts, I
could decide to believe I live on the moon. But by doing that I would
believe in something that is very likely not true.

Surfer Comments
> Feeling is all about "me" and leads to operational quagmire. Faith is
> about the greater majority and even where misplaced, achieves results.
> Logic is somewhere in between because logic is affected by the static of
> values and feelings.

Logic is a set a rules and isn't effected by anything. People may be
effected by things which pull them away from the rules of logic, but that
does not mean the rules themselves have changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home